Mr. H. Dreesmann-Bruijntjes
Hilde Dreesmann-Bruijntjes has been advising clients and representing them in court in matters relating to family law since 2005. Hilde particularly focuses on all aspects associated with the termination of a marriage/registered partnership or relationship.
Hilde is able to represent your interests with regard to the settlement of prenuptial agreements or division of the community of property, but she can also give you specific advice regarding child and partner maintenance and disputes that relate to issues concerning parental responsibility and contact. As a result of many years of experience, Hilde knows like no other how important it is to look for suitable solutions. Hilde herself has four young children, so she understands better than anyone that it is important to maintain a good relationship with the children after a divorce.
If you cannot come to an agreement with your partner, Hilde can assist you in court proceedings. Together with you, Hilde tries to look for realistic solutions and will also discuss with you how she assesses your chances in any proceedings. Hilde aims to inform her clients as much as possible, so that clients know what they can expect. If proceedings are unavoidable, Hilde believes it is important that you are well prepared so that you can make well-considered choices regarding the settlement of your divorce.
In recent years, Hilde has focused on divorces with an international character, which enables her to gain knowledge of foreign law if necessary and to advise you on the international consequences of your case.
Hilde is also specialised as a child abduction lawyer. She is a member of The Dutch Association of International Child Abduction Lawyers (D.I.A.L.) and registered at the Center for International Child Abduction (CIKO).
Apart from the fact that Hilde has gained considerable experience in proceedings before courts and high courts, Hilde believes that an amicable arrangement is often the best solution for parties. She will always assess whether it is possible to resolve the matter by mutual agreement. Because Hilde is a recognised divorce mediator, she can also assist you and your partner in drafting a settlement agreement and parenting plan during mediation meetings. Hilde likes to maintain momentum in the negotiations and tries to look for practical solutions that are acceptable to both parties. As a result, she often completes mediation meetings quickly and to the satisfaction of her clients.
The court in The Hague (but also in other parts of the country) regularly appoints Hilde as a special curator in parentage cases, but also in situations where children get stuck between their parents. After Hilde has been appointed as a special curator, she speaks to everyone involved (including the children) and she advises the court about what she thinks is in the best interests of the child.
Hilde is a member of the Association for Family and Inheritance Lawyers and Divorce Mediators (vFAS) and has successfully completed the 3 year training course to become a specialised vFas family lawyer and mediator.
- divorce (national and international);
- dissolution of registered partnership or termination of relationship and the settlement of prenuptial agreements or community of goods existing between parties;
- partner and child maintenance;
- parental responsibility, contact and parenting plans;
- relocation and international child abduction;
- parentage cases as well as a special curator and lawyer representing a party (acknowledgement of parentage, adoption, legal determination or denial of parenthood, annulment of the acknowledgement of parentage);
- child protection cases and juvenile justice cases.
Memberships and registrations:
- Association for Family and Inheritance Lawyers and Divorce Mediators (vFAS);
- Association of Dutch Youth Lawyers
- special curator at the District Court of The Hague;
- The Dutch Association of International Child Abduction Lawyers (D.I.A.L.);
- Center for International Child Abduction
- member of the standing committee Family and Youth Law at the Bar Association in The Hague;
If you have a problem or a challenge in relation to the abovementioned practice areas, please contact Hilde.