Running a business involves taking risks, but those do not have to be unlimited. Unfortunately, some entrepreneurs only realise afterwards that things should have been legally dealt with better or differently. Many legal problems can be prevented by obtaining legal advice at an early stage.
Do you, as an entrepreneur, have legal questions, do you encounter problems or would you simply like to exchange views about their prevention? The lawyers of our SME team offer expertise on all aspects of corporate law. This includes a variety of issues that entrepreneurs may face in their daily practice, for instance:
- drafting and reviewing contracts and (general) conditions
- disputes about the interpretation and execution of contracts
- (national and international) debt collection
- problems surrounding bankruptcies of, for example, buyers and suppliers
- restructuring of companies
- director's liability
- shareholders disputes and disputes between business partners
- corporate finance and securities
- acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures, management and investor buy-ins and buy-outs
- enquiry proceedings
- disputes about intellectual property rights
- unfair competition
- GDPR compliance
As your lawyer, we ensure that we are aware of what is going on in your company and industry. This enables us to identify problems and prevent disputes at an early stage. We like to litigate, but: 'prevention is better than cure'.
Of course, we always consider the costs and the expected benefits. Together we determine what the best approach is from an economic and legal point of view.
You can always contact us to have an informal conversation about your problem. Please also be informed about our so-called 'compass package', which we offer to new customers, a package with a clear cost advantage. We will happily provide you with further information.
Contact person: Arjen Douma